POSTED NOTICE OF MAIL BALLOT PROCEDURES
TO VOTERS OF CANTON CITY
IN FILLMORE COUNTY, MINNESOTA
- The following precinct located in the City of Canton has elected to vote by mail ballot procedure in statewide elections as authorized under Minnesota Statues 204B.45.
- For the 2022 Primary Election, the election date and corresponding date that ballots will be mailed to all registered voters in mail ballot precincts are:
2022 Primary Election: August 9, 2022
Initial Ballot Mailing Date: June 24, 2022
Each voter registered for the 2022 Primary Election by July 19, 2022 will be mailed a ballot automatically.
- Eligible voters not pre-registered by the dates noted, or pre-registered voters wishing to receive their ballot at a temporary address may contact the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office by phone (507-765-3811), mail, or in person for an absentee ballot application.
- All ballots may be returned by mail (a postage prepaid return envelope is included when the ballots are mailed), or may be delivered in person, or delivered by designated agent to: Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office. Ballots delivered to the Auditor/Treasurer’s Office in person or by mail must be received no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted. Normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In addition to normal business hours, extended hours for mail ballot voting are:
Saturday, August 6, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday, August 8, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The polling place for this election will be at the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office.
The polls will open:
Tuesday, August 9, 2022 from 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
At least one assistive voting device will be available at that polling place that permits persons with disabilities to vote privately and independently, and that permits any voter to submit their ballot to be automatically checked and corrected for voting errors prior to being cast and counted.
- All mail ballots will be counted at the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office after
8:00 p.m. on the respective election date. Additional information is available by contacting the Fillmore County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office; phone (507) 765-3811.
Dated this 11th day of July, 2022
By: Brock Bergey, City Clerk