Repair work to begin at 12 a.m. and last approximately two hours
On Wednesday, September 15, MiEnergy will be making repairs on the City of Canton substation, which will result in the complete shutdown of electrical services to the City. The planned power outage will begin at approximately 12 a.m. and is expected to conclude at approximately 2 a.m. This early morning timeframe was chosen to provide minimal disruptions to daily routines.
Residents should plan accordingly and prepare for this two hour period without electricity.
- If you rely on medical equipment dependent on electricity, have a plan to maintain use of your equipment during the outage or be moved to a location that will have power.
- Charge your cell phones. Cordless phones will not work during a power outage.
- Unplug computers, televisions and sensitive electronics.
- Know how to manually operate garage doors.
- Minimize opening refrigerator and freezer doors during the outage.
Please contact Canton City Hall with additional questions or concerns. We appreciate your understanding.
Brock Bergey, City Clerk